Course ObjectivesOn completion of this Manual Handling Training course, participants will be able to:
- Perform specific Manual Handling tasks competently to a recognised standard.
- Complete essential risk assessment prior to completing manual handling tasks.
- Identify Ergonomic factors associated with their work activities.
- Complete a series of exercises designed to improve strength, endurance and flexibility, the key components of physical fitness.
Who Is This Course Intended For?All personnel who are involved in the movement of loads.
- Legislation (Common Law, 2005 SHWW Act, 1993 General Applications Regs, Part VI).
- Anatomy of the spine and mechanism of injury.
- Fitness and flexibility requirements for safe Manual Handling.
- Specific Manual Handling hazards relevant to the workplace.
- Risk Assessment for Manual Handling Tasks.
- Individual Risk Factors.
- Practical Manual Handling Techniques.
- Procedures for dealing with unfamiliar loads.
- Ergonomics: Practical application to workplace environment.