On completion of this course, participants will be able to demonstrate practical Emergency First Aid skills required in both routine and emergency situations.
Who Is This Course Intended For?
Certified first aiders who wish to improve on first aid skills.
- Introduction – Chain of Survival / Scene Safety / Responsibilities of First Aider.
- Unconsciousness – Examination of unconscious casualty / Recovery position.
- Resuscitation – Practical Demonstration and Class Practice.
- Asphyxia / Heart attack / Approach and Treatment.
- Bleeding and Wounds – Control of bleeding & wounds including amputation / Wounds with a foreign body / Internal bleeding.
- Assessment of fractures and appropriate treatment.
- Injuries – Examination of the eye/ Treatment of foreign bodies and chemical splashes in the eye.
- Burns and scalds Poisoning / causes and treatment.
- Epilepsy / Asthma / Crush injuries: approach and treatment.
Up to 10 personnel
All of our instructors are registered with the OFAAA and Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council and our course is run in accordance with HSA guidelines. Full certification is provided on successful completion of the course. Certification is valid for two years.